A Statewide Transgender-Powered Research Collaborative in Texas
Eight Regional Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Workshops
Are you up for the challenge?
We are looking for a 160 dedicated people to help scale our efforts – 20 in each of eight regions. We will train you in patient-centered clinical research practices. Essentially, you will learn how to identify an issue surfaced by a transgender person or family member and develop a research question. Then we will gather data to answer the question which we hope will lead to a larger-scale research project. We need 10 transgender people and 10 clinicians or researchers in each region.
- Complete at least 5 of the 7 hours of online Transgender Health Learning Series
- Attend a 1-day workshop in your region (transgender people will receive an incentive for attending)
- Continue working with your regional team to identify research ideas
- Help with efforts to engage trans people in signing up for The Pride Study
- Connect us with people in the transgender and health communities
- Provide feedback on our efforts and activities
We will post a application survey in November, 2018. Click the Sign Up button and add your name and email to list. You will be notified when the survey is live.
TransFORWARD: A Transgender-Powered Research Collaborative in Texas is funded through a Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) Eugene Washington PCORI Engagement Award (EA #10671).