- Community-focused for transgender and gender diverse driven research to enable researchers to listen to community members, to learn how our issues with Mental Health, Housing and Employment are being impacted by COVID-19.
- A forum for raising issues and exploring actionable steps we can take, individually or through our sphere of influence.
- Virtual connections with 15 to 30 people representing different transgender and gender diverse experiences, clinicians, or other healthcare practitioners from multiple sectors discussing a shared topic.
- We work to support each other in responding too important and immediate challenges by accessing the wisdom, knowledge, and experience of all participants.
- Our intentions?
- Sharing experiences;
- Actively listening and learning from other’s experiences; and,
- Trying something new.
- Commit to attend the orientation session and all six (6) of the topic-specific sessions
- Authentically share your lived experience.
- Through facilitated discussion.
- Through offering a 10 minute response to the following questions (specific to the topic of focus):
- What key challenge or question are you up against?
- Who is involved in the challenge?
- What would your ideal future look like related to this challenge?
- Where do you need/want input or help?
- Respectfully and actively listen to other’s experiences.
- Reflect on new insights.
- Act ̂— try something new within your area of influence.
You will learn to better understand your role in addressing a complex problem where multiple groups are required in the solution.
- Financial incentives for transgender and gender-diverse participants in each session.
- The Leadership team is intentionally focused in creating diverse groups.
- The ECHO approach prioritizes distributing power across all participants, creating a space that actively integrates equity in contribution.
You commit to seven hours over the course of three months meeting for one hour every other week.
You’d be attending all seven sessions for one or more of the three (3) shared topic series (you can participate in 1, 2, or all 3 topics, and you must attend all seven (7) sessions per topic series. Each session is sixty (60) minutes, and the dates are firm.
Shared topic #1: Mental Health time TBD
- September 30, 2020 Wednesday — Orientation
- October 7, 2020 Wednesday — Session 1
- October 21, 2020 Wednesday — Session 2
- November 4, 2020 Wednesday — Session 3
- November 18, 2020 Wednesday — Session 4
- December 2, 2020 Wednesday — Session 5
- December 16, 2020 Wednesday — Session 6
Shared topic #2: Housing time TBD
- January 6, 2021 Wednesday — Orientation
- January 13, 2021 Wednesday — Session 1
- January 27, 2021 Wednesday — Session 2
- February 10, 2021 Wednesday — Session 3
- February 24, 2021 Wednesday — Session 4
- March 10, 2021 Wednesday — Session 5
- March 24, 2021 Wednesday — Session 6
Shared topic #3: Employment time TBD
- March 25, 2021 Thursday — Orientation
- March 31, 2021 Wednesday — Session 1
- April 14, 2021 Wednesday — Session 2
- April 28, 2021 Wednesday — Session 3
- May 12, 2021 Wednesday — Session 4
- May 26, 2021 Wednesday — Session 5
- June 9, 2021 Wednesday — Session 6