SUPPORT TEXAS TRANSGENDER HEALTH
Help us be TransForward and create culturally competent transgender health care
The Texas transgender, gender non-binary, and intersex population lacks access to health care at an a ordable cost and has disproportionately poorer health outcomes compared to the broader population today, especially among youth and people of color.
TransForward – Texas Transgender Health allows us to address the “real need” to reduce the number of suicides and suicide attempts by transgender people through the improvement of health care access, education, and research. Your support helps us develop a statewide transgender learning collaborative enabling the transgender community, their families, medical and public health professionals, and allies to help create a culturally competent healthcare and public health system.
Together, we can move transgender health care forward and improve the health of transgender Texans.
JOIN TEAM 1,000
Doing Together What We Cannot Do Alone
One hundred Team 1,000 members are needed to create the “core funding” for TransForward – Texas Transgender Health.
Each Team 1,000 individual or organization commits to funding at least $1,000 for each of three successive years. This supports dedicated personnel, infrastructure and capacity development, including virtual meetings, stipends or gift cards when applicable, subject matter expert collaborations, Team 1,000/Advisory Council/Program Team activities, and project development.
Team 1,000 members will be recognized for their contribution to improving the lives of transgender Texans and making a difference for the community. Ten to twelve Team 1,000 members will be selected to serve on Texas Transgender Health’s Advisory Council,
which advises the program’s development and implementation.
Team 1,000 members in good standing will be:
- Provided access to private pages and posts to understand how their funds are being used and update on our activities
- Recognized with a distinctive Team 1,000 member “pin” that can be proudly worn on clothing
- Recognized on both THI’s and Equality Texas Foundation’s websites and appropriate Facebook and other social media pages including transforward.texashealthinstitute.org
- Recognized in collateral materials for projects, programs, and events sponsored by TransForward – Texas Transgender Health
- Invited to and recognized at selected projects, programs, and events sponsored by TransForward – Texas Transgender Health
Join us as a Team 1,000 member and make a substantive difference in the lives of 140,000 transgender, non-binary and intersex Texans.