The Advisory Council helps guide and inform TransForward – Texas Transgender Health’s planning, project implementation, and evaluation.
The Council is comprised of twelve members selected from among the Team 1,000 membership.
Council activities include:
- Participate in quarterly conference calls to help guide and inform our work.
- Provide suggestions for projects, funding, research and education opportunities, as well as, initiate important connections in the transgender and health communities.
- Identify priorities and route important healthcare information to other Council members.
- Contribute to smaller working groups to help scale our efforts.
- Provide feedback on our activities, strategies, and goals.
- Assist in recruiting other prospective Team 1,000 members, sponsors, organizations, and people interested in improving the quality of health for transgender people financially.
- Serve as moderators, facilitators, hosts, or introduce speakers at our events; and,
- Review the annual evaluation and provide guidance for the future.